Friday, November 13, 2009

Best.Shoes.Ever

Sometimes the shoe universe smiles upon us and we can't help but just be grateful. Mr W and I were shopping at the thrift store to get a shirt for him to wear in his school play (he did fab - nailed his line and got a laugh - yea!) and I wandered over to the shoe area and saw these:
Now, you may think these are too close to being like circus shoes, or they may otherwise not be your thing. But I loves me these shoes. They're Danksos and practically brand new. Many pairs of shoes at the thrift stores have seen many better days.

I have to wear thick socks with these because they are a tad big, but it's winter, so it's OK. I think one of the reasons I like them so much is because I wouldn't splurge and spend the $85 that these shoes likely cost, and these became mine for a mere $7.

2 comments:

  1. Jealous on the shoes. They look very comfy. We need to check our thrift out...I know we give away a bunch of stuff other people pick up and say "who would give this away?" - Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have to be in the right frame of mind to hit the thrift store, as most of the stuff is unsuitable for one reason or another. Rarely do I get this lucky. Great deals to be had for the patient and persistent, though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.