Sunday, January 27, 2013

The dog has no idea

It was a busy week at work last week. The big presentation went well and I was pretty stressed out about it, so it's taken a few days to get back to feeling normal. I'm grateful that as a (mere) contractor, I was given the opportunity to make my pitch in the first place and to talk about that value of what I do.

I stayed later than I usually do on Thursday and Friday, and wasn't able to do my usual after-work trip to the dog park with Sally because it was dark. I've noticed, now that she's six, she does OK with a walk instead of the good running around she does at the dog park. As an aside, I'm pretty sure she's likes the dog park for the human interactions too, as she will go up to everyone in the group of people that I hang out with and stand there until they pet her.

Anyway, usually after two days (I walked her Wednesday as well, instead of going to the dog park) of walks, she's a little restless around the house, which can lead to mischief on her part. But it was close to 6 pm Friday when I got home, so we walked again. The funny thing was that I felt kind of bad because she got "only" a 30 minute walk. Poor dear. Without the head collar even, as she dislikes it so much that usually all I have to do is show it to her when we're walking and she's pulling, and she'll stop pulling on the leash. Smart cookie.

I tried to tell her how good she has it, between the good chow, treats, no siblings, use of the bed all day in peace and quiet, but she has no idea. There are dogs, I tell her, that have to sleep OUTSIDE, whose owners actually hit them for normal dog behavior, who run around loose and get hit by cars. She, having no frame of reference (sleep at night? outside?) has no idea of how good she has it. I guess that's how it's supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, Sally is a lucky-ducky dog. And that's how it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's why they call it a dog's life. You know. In the way that we envy it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.