Saturday, August 14, 2010

Go go go

Runners, take your marks. It's Saturday here in Colorado, and it looks like we'll get a little break from the heat for a few days. I am thankful. Heck, I'm going to leave the windows open ALL DAY.

I often get ambitious on the weekends, over-ambitious sometimes. There ends up being a long list of things I'd like to get done, and sometimes I forget I need to also be a parent, lest Mr W watches TV and plays on the computer all day.

Today includes trips to the store to get shoes for Mr W (the ones I ordered don't fit right), the farmers market to get peaches for my first foray into the world of jelly making, yard work, the usual house work, picking out frames and ordering new glasses for me (since that sweet spot where I can read things is getting harder to find on my current glasses), playdate for Mr W in there somewhere, a trip or two to the dog park, maybe see a movie, you get the idea.

I'm again at a point where I feel like I don't have enough time to get things done, and am looking for ways to find time for the things I want to do. Note that's it's different than just finding more time. I want to try to make jelly, but I don't want to feel guilty about taking the time to do it. Mr W starts school next week and there's always the flux of getting that new schedule down. I want to volunteer in his classroom once a week, in an attempt to get him a little more jazzed about school than he was last year. Busywork gets him down, and I can't say as I blame him sometimes.

This post is a bit of a rambler, and this is what happens when everything else is going just fine in my life. We're starting to think about holiday travel plans, my brothers and I, and we can hopefully coordinate our schedules.

*** Update
Here's my done list for the day:
Farmer's Market to get peaches for jelly - have to wait until they ripen more - jelly making postponed until Tuesday
Got Mr W new shoes
Picked out frames for glasses
Put together my Spin Bin composter
Transferred compost
Gathered stuff to donate to church rummage sale
Changed the sheets on my bed
Repotted the plant on the porch
Cut back rogue leaves from pumpkin plant

Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.