Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lucky me!


Sniff-sniff (in the good way). I am the very pleased beneficiary of Susan's generosity. I entered her Valentine's Day poem contest and was picked as the winner (randomly). Here is my Valentine's haiku:

I've seen so many
pictures of hearts and flowers
Almost the 15th

I WAS weary of all the mushy stuff this year. Anyway, I received a fabulous-smelling bar of handcrafted soap, as well as a handknit towel! I know the stuff is supposed to be used (fer cryin' out loud) but it's hard to use stuff that is so nice. I'll try my best.

When I first opened the package, I had the soap close to the edge of the table. This was like a magnet for Sally the dog, who is tall enough to have her nose on the table. She paused for several seconds, "drinking in" the smell with interest. Funny. 

So, thanks, Ms. Susan! You made my day. Now I shall think of a way to pay this forward.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!

    I know Sally probably zeroed in on the smell of the soap but I wonder if the goodies might possibly have brought with them the smell of Susan's doggies and/or other furry kids? Dogs have such keener (more keen?) senses of smell than we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind on reading posts! I'm glad you liked both. Those Ranch Rustics soaps are my favorite! Made by our own Petey! I am slowly, but surely spreading my hand-towels across the country....bwahaha.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.