Thursday, February 14, 2013

Small things like my garbage can

This is a small funny thing. It's Thursday, which means it's garbage day. I live on an alley, and haul my garbage can the short distance from over by the garage, to a spot NEXT to my driveway and on the alley. You know, so I can get out of my driveway and go to work.

About 80% of the time, the garbage-takers will put my empty garbage can not in the spot it was in, but right in my driveway. This means I have to stop in the alley, get out of my car, and move the garbage can so I can pull into my driveway.

It happens with such frequency that there's a little paranoid part of me that thinks they do it on purpose. Then I think, "No one is that petty, are they?" It's these little things that present us with a choice about the degree to which we will get tweaked out about the stuff that happens to us, methinks.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking as someone who has wondered the same thing - Weds is my day - and I studiously put my two bins (trash/recycling) the prerequisite four feet apart, no more than two feet from the curb - as somehow they reappear within the range of my driveway and I have to wheel them back before I can get out of the driveway. I assume that they are just sloppy and inconsiderate. Maybe not....hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a conspiracy to...ummm. I'm not sure what it's supposed to accomplish but I'm SURE it's a conspiracy of some sort.

    Ours generally ends up in the vicinity of the curb but it's now missing it's wheels. Originally the wheels were knocked off but after a few weeks of assiduously hunting them down and replacing them they've finally vanished completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really mean and rotten to say on Valentine's Day, but the garbage picker-uppers are men, right? Men just. do. not. think. (At least not about what is to them little, unimportant things like that. Never mind that it is the little, unimportant things like that that just might someday drive a women to . . . to . . . well, you've heard of going postal? Can one go garbage-ish?)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.