Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I love a parade


I admit it, I love to watch parades, always have. I've become disenchanted with the Macy's Thanksgiving parade because of the plastic people and commercial endorsements, so give me a small town parade any day. The candy throwing, the local celebrities, marching bands. The picture is of the Fort Collins Nursery's "Precision Wagon Drill Team" or something like that. They go to and fro with their wagons, it's fun.

My town has an annual St. Patrick's Day parade that happens this Saturday. Mr W and I already have a full day planned with skating lessons, a birthday party and a sleep over for him, but I think we will just have to squeeze the parade in. I've gone almost every year, although last year I was out of town.

I can remember going down to the parade right after Mr W was born, so he was probably 6 weeks old or so. I don't recall all of the details, but I do remember feeling rather put out that I had to take him into the pizza place's bathroom to change his diaper while the parade was going on. Ah, motherhood before I realized that the little bald guy calls the shots. It seems like such a long time ago.

In other news, spring is teasing us. Everyone is acknowledging how nice it's been lately, but it's always followed up by something like, "but March and April can be the snowiest months of the year". As though we're all braced for another storm. Bring it. At this time of the year, the snow melts pretty fast and there's a lot of grime to be washed away from the winter. As a friend recently said, the weather really makes one run for the seeds and dirt and want to get going on starting some seedlings for the garden. Bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.