Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Biology spy


Video streaming by Ustream

The Decorah Eagles are back! I read last week about the first egg being laid, and Mr W and I have been checking in on them frequently since then. I was looking on Sunday night when we watched the female lay the second egg. Very exciting.

The Raptor Resource Project's (who sponsors the camera) blog has a lot of good info on raptor biology.

The site that hosts the camera has a ton of advertising unless you want to pay for the service, so be prepared for that. I also turn off the streaming comments by clicking the tab that wants me to sign up to chat (and leaving it blank).

The opportunity to observe wild animals do their thing like this has been really interesting. This pair usually lays three eggs (seen in only about 4% of clutches) and successfully raised all three chicks last year. It got pretty crowded in the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.