Thursday, September 13, 2012

A bit of travel

I tell you, I am still getting used to sending my kid to school an hour earlier in the mornings. As we've gone to an every-other-week schedule, this is only my second go of it. I refuse to give up my 30 minutes of coffee-blogging-check websites time, so I'm getting up 15 minutes early and then have to just keep moving to get out the door by 7:10. But he has not been late yet, so we're good.

We are also getting used to how he spends his time after school. There's a lot of time between the end of school and bedtime, and it's a process determining how he should spend his time. I know, I know, when we grew up, no one had to schedule our time. But that darn computer would occupy all his time if I let it. Still *sigh*.

Anyway, we'll have a computer-free couple of days, as we're going to the church's retreat this weekend up in the mountains. I'm looking forward to hikes, knitting, playing board games and there are rumors that someone's going to be calling contra dances. We're sharing a room with Mr W's friend and his mom, so he is thrilled.

Should be fun.



I'll leave you with this picture of my ONE yellow pear tomato plant this year. As you can see, it had a great year - of vegetative growth. Yes, there are a couple of tomatoes even. But mostly leaves and stems. You can see the hose for scales (and the weeds, does that help?). I won't plant this kind of tomato again. I loved and actually used the grape tomatoes I've planted for the two previous years, so will go with those in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Any steroid use on that tomato plant? Hoodaddy! That is massive. Your retreat sounds great - I often daydream about a place where I can sit (without cats) and knit. Do you find that your new routine is more difficult because it is every other week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That plant got the same spotty watering as everything else! Yes, I think it's taking longer to get into the routine because we've gone to the every other week schedule. He's trying and doing a good job, so as long as that keeps up, we'll find a way.

      Delete
  2. Yellow pear tomatoes are great, if you can get any! It's why I stopped growing them myself; I'm not really interested in ornamental tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew this was a "thing" about them! Huh. Yes, I hereby take a stand against ornamental tomatoes!

      Delete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.