Monday, September 17, 2012

Nice weekend


We had a really nice weekend up in the mountains. We stayed at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park. When my family was here in August, we stayed at the YMCA in Winter Park, which was also really fun. Estes is closer to my house, and I'm looking forward to visiting again when it's snowy. 

We were on a retreat with the church I attend, and I liked how they didn't over-schedule us. There were several fun activities, including a "To Tell the Truth"- like game where people had weird or unlikely things happen to them and there were three people up there saying the same story. We had a relative of Evil Knieval in our midst. No lie.

I guess it's human nature, but there are people at church who I see often, but we never connect. I spoke to a few of those over the weekend, and it was a positive thing. I need to remember that it's totally worth the effort to make those connections. 

1 comment:

  1. It definitely is; fellowshipping with other believers can do wonders for us emotionally and spiritually. P.S. do drop by my blog today for a little surprise for you! Have a super lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.