Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Something springlike


I don't think it's going to get us out of our drought conditions, but we've had some precipitation lately and it's been very welcome. I even went outside the last two days and the world smelled like wet earth, which is a sensation we get precious little of here in Colorado. 

The picture is from over the weekend, where it had rained that night, and then temps dipped below freezing. You can see how temporary the situation is. The bottom of the picture shows the feathery frost patterns already melting where it's warming up. So pretty.

Things are good. There's plenty to do (as always). The woman who wants me to make a bunch of polymer clay brooches for her likes what I've done so far on the new order. That's a good thing, because it was sort of what I was doing naturally and I liked the outcomes, so it's a win-win.

I bought a bunch of carpet samples from Home Depot and am going to try to tape together a pattern to make a rug for my basement. They had a stack of them marketed ostensibly as "anywhere mats" for cars and stuff. I would not put carpeted mats in my car, but that's just me. Anyway, I'll take pictures of the process, but need to wash the floor down there before I begin, so it might not happen until this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.