Saturday, July 24, 2010

This and that, weekend edition

Mr W and I are going to RockyGrass today, and as soon as I'm done with my coffee and collect a few things, we're outta here. The weather is supposed to be nice, and that's always welcome for an outdoor thing in the sun. It's going to be a busy day for the kid, he got invited to a sleepover tonight, so I'll drop him off as we roll back into town around dinnertime.

B is going on an unbelievably long bike ride today, and has promised to call when he gets to his destination. It's not a particularly treacherous route, and he totally knows what he's doing, but I still had a bit of a restless night last night thinking about him on the road today. I've promised dinner tomorrow night if he's capable of sitting upright in a chair without falling asleep.

Work is a bit wacky. That wonderful master mix I made last week doesn't work. It simply doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I spent the day yesterday going over my calculations to scale everything up and I can't find an error. This stuff works out, but it's frustrating while it's going on.

I enrolled in something called Online Instructor Certification, through the community college where I was teaching. I'm a bit behind, and need to pick up the pace over the weekend, but it's been very interesting so far. Forget the notion that online courses are less work. And that people can't intereact and collaborate. I'm excited to learn more about the process. One of the pieces of it is to have a course website on their online class management system. I've already started this for my classes (yea foresight!) and will only need to add things to my existing site.

Mr W and Sally the dog are signed up for an obedience class at the place where Sal goes to dog school (aka doggie day care) once a week. The class is for kids and dogs, and they are doing great. Mr W likes the prospect of handling an animal that outweighs him by 10 lbs., and Sal's just in it for the treats. I've been pleased (really pleased, actually) to see how much she already knows, and the class is more an exercise in getting she and Mr W to work as a team.

So, life is, as my dad would say, humming along. I feel like I'm getting near that elusive feeling that I call contentment. It's a moving target, it seems. I've been trying to ride my bike more, and that feels good. I'm girding my loins (I love that expression) for the onslaught of zucchini and tomatoes by getting one book of recipes on each vegetable from my library. I think I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.