Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Great Disposer Replacement - Update

Well, the thing is in my house. And I did go back to the hardware store where the very helpful clerk got me set up with lots of plastic pipe.

But I have not started.

You know what I did today? I had a really great day - no regrets.

I went to the gym and worked out, which is unheard of for me - I hope it's the start of a trend. How have I gone so long in my adult life without realizing the mental/emotional benefits of moderately strenuous exercise a few times a week? It's like no one told me, although really it's that I wasn't listening. I've been taking Spin classes twice a week, and the goal is to do a third day of working out on the elliptical rider.

I attended a clinic on beginning snowshoeing at our local REI. Who knew there was enough to talk about to fill an hour and a half? Very interesting, and they rent shoes and poles, so that is definitely on my list to try this winter.

And I had lunch with dear friend D, and we did a little shopping and had coffee, too. I got home, took the dog to the dog park, went to the library, and THEN went to the hardware store. I sort of felt bad that I didn't get to it today, but who cares? There's no one lined up to use the sink, so I'll give it a go tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a day that was really good for you in more ways than one! Let's see . . . the day you had or a day working on plumbing. Which would I chose? Hmmmm . . . :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But there always seem to be better options than home repair project - that's my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a great day. The best plumbing advice I can give you is make sure there is a shutoff BEFORE you start, and only do this at the beginning of the day, when you can get to a hardware that is open when you are almost done and just need one or two more things to finish. Happy grinding!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.