Friday, December 17, 2010

Sick Day

Mr. W is home sick this morning, so I am home as well. I suppose there's never a good time to take time off of work. I've got a bunch of stuff to do at work today, so mulled over making him go to school anyway. But he's got a slight fever, which means he might be infectious, and I hate the idea of parents sending sick kids to school for the parent's own convenience.

I'm lucky to have a pretty healthy kid. He's not been prone to getting many colds, which I think sometimes makes him a fussy patient when he is feeling poorly (just not used to the idea). We're sitting here watching episodes of Star Wars Clone Wars (fyi: the general is the bad guy - just sayin'). I'll take Mr. W's temperature again at lunch time, and we'll see if he can do the afternoon at school. If not, that's OK.

Meanwhile, I plan to do some cooking, and... I don't know what else. I'll need to go to the office later (kids under 16 aren't allowed in the labs at work) to submit my time card. Knowing me, I'll need to feel like I "got something done" today. Maybe I'll get the garbage disposer installed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.