Friday, April 1, 2011

National Poetry Month


It's National Poetry Month in April, and I thought I would give myself a light challenge of writing at least 10 haiku (haikus?) this month. Sounds pretty reasonable, especially since I'm going to use one that I wrote a while ago to start off.  The poster above is from the 2010 celebration and I just love it for some reason. Love how it looks like paper cutouts assembled together, love the colors, love the line of poetry. It just really does it for me. I have this image on my desktop at work (I guess for about a year now!).

OK, here's #1:

Don't know much about
the laws of attraction, but
haiku writers, wow!

I wrote this when I was doing the online dating thing.

Hey, here's an idea! Feel free to play along.

2 comments:

  1. Can't get it going
    My body won't move today
    Beat up from bad dreams

    How's that for a downer start to the day? I can't write poetry and certainly not Haiku. Did I do it anywhere close to right? (I'm having trouble counting, too.) :o}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that works! Sorry to hear of the bad night followed by a poor start to the day. Hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.