Thursday, April 28, 2011

Edging

Now THAT's an exciting blog post! Ha. I got my income tax refund recently and feel like I've got a few bucks to do some small improvements in my yard. One of them involves large quantities of mulch to cover or re-cover areas that I don't want to cut with the mower, with the related job of containing the mulch by installing edging. With the rain we've had lately, it should be relatively easy to install the edging, and it make such a difference to how my little yard will look. I'm keeping my options open for another raised bed or two where I put some of the mulch, but won't being doing those this year.

The tax refund has also made it OK that I hang on to the van for a while longer, despite no immediate job prospects come November. It's been running warm since I had the heater coil replaced last fall, and I made the appointment to bring it in to have them look at that, plus to make sure she's trip-worthy for the summer. I want to get out a lot this summer (note to self, maybe it's time to make some campground reservations...).

I did succumb and email the contact person for the Biologist job, as I haven't heard anything, and it's been over 4 weeks. Four rather anxious weeks, despite my best efforts to go with the flow, knowing that I have given it my best shot. She was gracious enough to get right back to me, and said they had received a large number of applications, and she expected to "have an update by Friday". I'm glad I emailed her. I'm just about to the point where I feel like I am checking the job sites enough, but not too much. When I look at something like "all the jobs in Fort Collins" that were posted in the last 24 hours, it's several hundred. I mean, it looks like there are a lot of jobs open, even if almost all of them are not my thing. Lots of medical, IT, financial positions. But this is a good place to have the skill I have, and I remain optimistic that I can find something in town.

Lastly, I finally got to speak again with P, the person I met when I was hiking the other day. He was out of town for a week, and we traded a few emails, but got to actually talk on the phone yesterday. So far so good. It's hard (duh) to get the nonverbal communication stuff over the phone, but we talked for about 40 minutes. We nailed down a time for coffee on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.