Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some musings

I'm still thinking about the juxtaposition of seeing old flame CB, and meeting this new person, P on the same day. I don't quite know what to do with the feelings related to knowing there is someone out there with whom I share this great chemistry and who feels the same about me, yet we can't be together. With Mr W's dad here in town, I simply can't pick up and move. I can't do that to Mr W solely for my benefit. And CB can't do it on his end either. So, I will let these feelings recede and sort of put them in a pretty box in my mind. And look forward.

Look forward to getting to know P. I take it as a good sign that we talked easily and about interesting stuff on the trail, so I imagine there will be more of the same. He works at an art museum, so he's a student of history and is like-minded on things I care about, and is outdoorsy.

Back to Mr W. He went to the doctor the other day for just a check up and almost weighs as much as Sally the dog now. 80 pounds. He's still slender, and I worry that one of these days, his lack of having a sport that he does regularly is going to catch up with him. But he's quite healthy, and I am thankful. Last night for the first time, he asked that I set the alarm clock instead of waking him up myself. You got it, kid. We'll have to find something other than NPR to wake him up to, maybe a CD.

He sometimes bemoans that fact that he has to attend the after school care, while "everyone" else does not. Has to go to the all-day day care when they have a day off from school and his dad and I are working. It usually ends up as, "well, that's just how it is, and most kids have two parents that work" Blah, blah, blah. I guess it's part of being a kid that he can't see that in a couple of years he'll be capable of staying home on his own, and won't have to go to that stuff. Two years is a long time for a 10 year old, though, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.