Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wasn't I just saying...

While I was out with the van yesterday doing errands, I came out of a store and saw about a cup of antifreeze had leaked out in the 20 minutes I had been in the store. My first thought was, "Crap! Two cars down, how am I going to manage the logistics of this?" The second thought was, "I'm SO glad this didn't happen when I was off camping." Isn't that strangely weird in a good way? Things held together just fine while I was off by myself, and sort of waited until I got back to home base to go kerfluey.

But this leaves me with some scheduling to do. I can ride my bike to work tomorrow. I'll have the Honda towed to the repair shop today, and I hope they can fix whatever's wrong with it and be done by the end of the day. Mr W's first day of school is tomorrow, so I can walk over and get him when he's done, and I can ride my bike to Spin class. The repair shop is good about giving me rides, so it will all work out. The weather's supposed to be warm and dry, so I won't worry about getting rained on for the moment.

It's funny, the community center where the Spin class is held has been closed for the last week for maintenance, so I haven't had class for the last week. I miss it!! It's funny how things become routine, and I'm looking forward to getting back to it. Yeah, I can't believe those words just came out of me regarding exercise either.

So it remains, what do I do today? No car, but of course have the bike. I was at the store yesterday to buy canning supplies, and while I got some jars, I balked at buying the big pot for the water bath. The one they had was so big, I thought it would be hard for my sort of basic stove to keep boiling. Then I remembered that I had an Amazon gift card that I could put toward a pressure canner, so I did that. I got a 23 quart Presto. It should be here in a few days, which is fine, because the main things I wanted to can, tomatoes, have been so very late this year. I have had three grape tomatoes, and every thing else is still green. Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered how to spell kerfluey! I rarely say it out loud, but I think it quite often. It was one of my mom's favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.