Friday, May 4, 2012

Running

As far as exercise goes, I've never been much of a runner. Come to think of it, I've never been much of an exerciser until the last couple of years. Really. It goes to show that one can make changes and get benefits just about anytime, one just has to start. But I always feel heavy when I run; it always feels like work. 

Now biking is a different animal all together. And the group fitness thing has always been a good motivator for me, so Spinning has worked out well. So much so I'm sort of considering getting a road bike at some point. Not immediately, but I'll consider it on the list. Unlike some places, bikes rule here, meaning that it's a very bike-friendly town. 

But running. My Spinning instructor and another person in the class are running in the Colorado Marathon this weekend. Instructor C is running the whole thing (!) and fellow spinner J and her husband are doing the half (still, !). They do it because they love to run. J has had knee problems and it's affected how much she can run, but she's trained and wants to do this race, so she'll give it her best shot. 

They all did this last year, and another spinner D went down to the finish line to make noise and cheer them on. I vowed to be there this year, so Mr W and I will hop on our bikes and head down to the finish line to do just that. Heck, if I'm not going to run, I can at least be a good cheerleader, right? 

In other news, I'm learning Foggy Mountain Breakdown in banjo lessons. This guy plays really fast and really well, but if you squint your ears a little, you'll be able to hear sort of what I sound like. Maybe you can imagine slowing it down like they do in the movies. It's short and sweet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.