Monday, April 21, 2008

20 ways to make an extra $100 a month

I did it. I emailed the professor and asked her to go ahead and consider me for the ecological genetics postdoc. I'm going to do a post soon about what this kind of genetics is and does, but today I will focus on how (in a tongue and cheek way) to bridge the gap in income that I will experience:

1. Run copies for busy professors at a University - no

2. Buy things at garage sales and sell them on eBay (I actually might look into this one)

3. Clinical trial participant - let me get back to you on that...

4. Computer consultant - not with this set of skills

5. Convention worker - I can think of one related side business that's a real money maker, but no thanks

6. Freelance editor - I probably don't have the skills there either

7. Handyman - I wish

8. Mystery shopper - not time-efficient enough

9. Paper deliverer - I get up early enough as it is

10. Pizza deliverer - no thanks, safety issues

11. Plasma seller - might look into this one too, although it's 3 hours of my time each time

12. Pooper scooper - while I'm good at this, I do it enough as it is

13. Professional shopper - I'm not good at figuring out what other people want to buy

14. Retail - ick

15. Teaching - I will likely look into this one too. I've talked to the biology dept head at the community college here in town and they usually have one or two classes that need adjuncts

16. Temping - maybe

17. Tutoring - maybe, if it pays OK.

18. Writing - hmm, maybe for that as well

19. Catering staff - no thanks

20. Cleaner - as in offices. Probably not, but you never know. Hopefully one's worthiness isn't based on the tidyness of one's own house


It's going to take some juggling, but I could probably make it work. I'm also going to keep in mind that if I don't spend it, I don't have to earn it, so there will be belt-tightnening, although it won't involve canceling trips to AZ or getting rid of the dog.

Anyway, Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.