Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweater Score!

I went a little overboard the half off Saturday sale at the thrift store today. Look at my treasures!

First, the ones I will actually wear.


Next, ones that I will throw in the washing machine on hot and use for felting projects.

Finally, ones that in my most optimistic moment looked like I could frog and reuse the yarn to knit something else. Of most interest to me, technique-wise, is the orange one, which has no seams except for the sleeves. That means it's probably hand knit, and someone knit the body in one piece in the round.



If you're looking for sweaters for these kinds of projects, look for ones whose seams are sewn together, not serged. If they are serged, you'll see lots of thin sewing thread along the seam.

I have no idea when I'll get to these, but they'll wait for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.