Friday, February 5, 2010

The Weekend - part whatever

As usual, I have high hopes for getting a lot done on this weekend free of kid duties. This is especially so this weekend, because I'm going out of town next weekend to the frozen nort' of MN to see my brother and SIL.

My boring and totally attainable goal is to get my lectures ready up through next week, plus get the test made and copied. I'm also going to start working on my application for the Casper job (insert friendly ghost jokes starting now). It will be great practice, especially if I'm lucky enough to get an interview, for when it's time to move to the next thing job wise.

There is a poetry slam at a coffee shop downtown (a 10 minute walk) tonight. I've always wanted to go to one, and I'm going to try to do it tonight. I often chicken out on Fridays and just stay home if I'm not meeting someone somewhere, but it sounds like fun and I'm going to try.

Despite the snow, I want to start thinking about starting some seeds for the garden. I see vast fields of broccoli and carrots on our land. Well, not really. Mr W's list of acceptable vegetables includes those two, so we're going to grow those. Broccoli takes up a lot of room but I think that's OK, because we will actually eat it, as opposed to me growing something like eggplant, that even I'm iffy on. I've got other things I'll grow too, but I wanted to make this garden something the kid could make sense of by already liking the produce that will come out of it.

And speaking of my dear Mr W, my Zach, my Zachmo-a-go-go, is going to be 9 tomorrow. Holy Toledo. Nine! I'm so pleased at how he's turning out so far, I could just bust a seam sometimes. I love how he's really creative, yet analytical. We were at the dogpark the other day, and there was a 13 year old dog there. Mr W says, "how old is that in dog years?" I said, well, it's a hund... and he cuts me off and says, "it's 90-something". He was right, it's 91 and he figured it out in his head. Smarty pants. Love him to pieces I do and he's having a sleepover at his dad's house tomorrow that I'll show up with the cake for. Transformers on the cake, of course.

Hope your weekend's shaping up to be a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I did leaf lettuce last year, but lusted after my friend's romaine! She got plants, but you could probably start them from seeds...if you like romaine. It's on my list this year. And cherry tomatoes are a must

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.