Thursday, May 13, 2010

I think I'm going to like this

I lurv my new camera. It's a smart little thing, and I've used it some and the battery indicator hasn't even budged. As a sort of related aside, I went to a talk the other day by a professor at CSU, Amy Prieto, who is in the chemistry department and is looking for new greener ways to make better batteries. She totally rocked as a speaker, and I so admire researchers who can speak to the general public and give a lot of credit to the workers in their labs. A class act all the way.
But she said that when you get a new device, you should run the battery out the first few times you use it, and that will extend its life. Good to know.

We now return to our regularly scheduled blog post. I took the above picture last Sunday when Mr W and I drove out to the Pawnee Grasslands. This was about all that was blooming, but I imagine after the snow we've had, things will be popping up soon. This is my yard yesterday morning:


That May 15th frost date is there for a reason, people.

But anyway, the camera. It's small and portable and I really like it. So much so that I'm going to go out looking for more flowers to photograph this weekend. I'm so impressed at how it just automatically switches to a macro mode when the camera gets close to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.