Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The view from here

Back in April, we moved our office and lab space to the new building that the CDC built a couple of years ago. It has been just fine on all fronts. The new lab space is functional, and it's nice to have all the equipment I use in one room instead of 3. I especially like the fact that the lab is on the 2nd floor and our office cubes are on the 4th floor. I take the stairs several times a day, and there are mezzanine levels between each floor, so it's lots of steps and it's kind of like training for summer hiking season.

But the view, well the picture shows the view on a calm sunny morning. That's looking north along the foothills that are west of Fort Collins. Not bad, eh?

Oh, and other news. It's been a little more of a challenge to get financing for Graycie the campervan. I spent an hour at a credit union in town and they value these vehicles at about half of what people pay for them. I need to call my bank today and see what they can do. Frustrating, as I want to get this wrapped up before I go out of town next week.

**Update: 11:56 am: I called my regular bank, and it looks like they can lend me what I want at a reasonable rate. Shoulda started with them in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.