Saturday, March 29, 2008

More springy thingies

I continue to ramp up for spring. Being a part-time single mom, full time worker and a home owner (don't forget working weekends to get time off to see the sweetie), I'm busy, like everyone else, it seems. I think that's part of the reason why I usually feel like the exterior of my property is lacking in some way. The outside is boring, the gardens are unkempt. I live in a part of town where people (college student renters excepted) really do give a hoot about what their house and yard look like.

Now, I'm not a yard person, really. I keep some grass because of Sally and Mr W, and I guess because it feels like I'm supposed to. I water it just enough to keep it on the edge of death - not a drop more. My tree lawn has been a thorn in my side since I moved in. It's uneven, so it's hard to mow with my little reel mower, and it's a pain to water it, so it has turned to weeds. It's also a significant part of the property, which is wide and shallow; it measures 10' x 50'.

So here is my to do list:

Tree lawn: kill weeds/grass, enclose with RR ties, cover with mulch

Regular lawn: Plant something in front of fence so I don't have to mow there (sense a trend?)

Gardens: Move/divide plants so I can see what's in there!

Exterior: Paint front door and trim I want some WOW to my very boring white and white-trimmed house. Plum and rust? Moss and Slate? Hmmm, what do you think?

I guess that's the priority list for the moment. I'm looking forward to looking at my house and yard and not cringing slightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.