Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Delphinium

These were the spare flowers left over from the spike I cut and put in a vase. The vase is wrong for the flowers, so I like this arrangement better. We've had a lot of rain over the last few days, so the spikes were leaning and had to be cut. I could grow boatloads of Delphinium - it's so striking. I think I shall buy a few more plants.

I need to get out and take some more pictures, as things are starting to take off. The popcorn and giant sunflowers we planted from seed are growing and need to be thinned. Last year the squirrels took most of them as seeds, so it was tough to get them established.

But the cantaloupe is still a little scrawny thing and I might have to give up on my idea of growing my own. I should hit the nurseries this weekend and see if they've got any starts left.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying cantalope this year. I looked at some sad ones at the grocery store yesterday for $3 each and hoped that i could do better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! I'll have to read up on what conditions will make them the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.