Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So far, so good

My stay here in Ithaca is winding down. This is a picture of a lupine that I took a week (!) ago.

Since the workshop started on Sunday, I haven't done any hiking in the woods, but I've walked the hills around town before dinner. The workshop has us in front of a computer most of the day, and tomorrow's the last day. I do feel like I've learned things that will be helpful at work, so that's good.

However, I am READY to go home. It's been a really good trip, but I miss my kid, I miss my dog, I miss my garden and I miss my house. I talked to B today and he said he rode past my house recently and it hadn't burned down - always good to hear. I miss him, too.

And, my new campervan is supposed to be ready by Friday!! I'm working out the details of getting down to Boulder to pick it up, but should have it for the weekend. Mr W and I might have to take an overnight just to suss out (I love that expression) things that it needs.

In a way, I feel like my summer hasn't really started yet. Lots of stuff to do, and I'm looking forward to taking several small trips over the next couple of months. This weekend is the Estes Park Wool Market, and Mr W and I are going to a Rockies game Sunday. Yup, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.