Sunday, January 9, 2011

Priorities






My Christmas tree is still up.  And there are dust bunnies on my floors.  There is a dish full of dirty dishes, and laundry that needs to be folded.

However, I feel like I had a very productive day yesterday.  Sort of hitting the reset button after traveling.  I had to go to work for an hour to load samples that would run all day.  Then, I hit the thrift store and found several sweaters, some workout stuff, and a few shirts - all half off!  I also spent a lot of money at Target (I was literally down to the last roll of TP - I can't remember the last time that happened!), and went to the grocery store.  Oh, and I also stopped at our local REI, to pick up a jacket I ordered, and bought Sally a set of dog booties for future snow adventures.  *Phew!*

I recharged on coffee and checked the weather forecast, seeing that we had a storm headed our way.  Hmmm, should I do household chores, or go for a hike with the dog?  The picture above shows the answer.  I love that we don't have to drive far to get on a trail and walk over a few hills.  I was going to put the booties on Sal, but figured I'd wait until we were in actual snow, although I still had to clean mud off her feet, so might start using them for wet trails as well.

And this morning, oops, it just turned into afternoon, I've been reading about the tragedy in Tucson, and finishing the body of my purple sweater.  My goal is to get one sleeve done today.  We are getting snow, although less than a foot for the next 24 hours (so they say).  Mr W would be pleased indeed to have a snow day tomorrow.  Funny thing about all that housework stuff.  It waits, patiently.  OK, I think I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. You must first believe in the Dish Fairy if you want her to appear and clean up in your kitchen. It's a simple act of faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been my problem. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.