Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tangential

This is just something interesting that I've seen and wanted to share. The blog for the website Knitty has a section for yarn spinners (as opposed to bike Spinners...). A contributor named Jillian has been spinning different types of wool recommended by a book about rare breeds of sheep.


I don't have a desire to spin wool into yarn, but her weekly forays into the different types of wool out there has been very interesting to me. Above is something called Romeldale. Here's a link to her post from today, from which you can see the previous weeks' trials. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been following that series, too :) Sadly, I'm not in a position to do that kind of sampling. I still have more wool that I know what to do with, and I can no longer afford to buy another fleece just because it's A Breed I Don't Have Yet :( It is fun, though, to see how she feels about those breeds I already have experience with!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, sorry to make the humans do an extra step.